Staunton, May 8 – Archpriest Dimitry Smirnov, head of the Patriarchal Commission on the Family, says that Europe will cease to be Christian in 30 years and Russia will do the same in 50, leading to a situation in which Muslims will control both and any remaining Christians will be forced “to live in a semi-underground manner.”
The hierarch, who until recently headed the patriarchate’s office for work with the Russian military and security services and who has often attracted attention for hyperbolic remarks about the Islam and the West, made these predictions on Soyuz television at the end of last week (newsru.com/religy/05may2017/eu_islam.html).
The signs of a Muslim take-over are already clear, the archpriest said. Christians are attacked and raped and can’t defend themselves because officials aren’t willing to crack down on the Muslim perpetrators. “This is in Europe” today, he said, “but we are next in turn” to experience the same thing.
At present, he pointed out, Mohammed is already the most common name among newborns in the United Kingdom where the Muslims are having far more children per woman than is any other group. “Thirty years from now, all Europe will be simply Muslim” and Christians will live “underground.”
In reporting Smirnov’s remarks, Newsru.com noted that the churchman is infamous for his extreme comments. Not long ago, for example, he said that “tens of thousands” of young Muslim men celebrate Islamic holidays, and then asked “Where have you seen so many Orthodoxy guys? Nowhere and never! Only old women!”
He said young Muslims are prepared to die for their faith and to fight secular regimes because “they do not want to live in a place ruled by pederasts … They don’t want to sacrifice their principles, above all those about the family. And for this they are ready to die.” Tragically, Smirnov suggested, that isn’t true of those who call themselves Christians now.